23 February 2011

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition and Related News

It looks like Chaosium will be coming out with a seventh edition of Call of Cthulhu this year!

· The basic news at Yog-Sothoth

· The relevant thread at Yog-Sothoth

I own the 6th edition (both paperback and PDF), but I’ll almost certainly pick up a copy of the 7th edition, especially if it is hardcover, but even if it simply has superior formatting and layout (which I think is quite likely).

Also of note, an expanded third edition of Cthulhu by Gaslight looks to be in the works. This is even more exciting news for me, as I don’t have any Victorian CoC material, and I think that it would be a wonderful era in which to run a campaign.

A month old is the announcement of the Cthulhu Invictus Companion. I really dig Cthulhu Invictus, and would love to run a campaign someday. I think that I’ll have to get the CIC for the gorgeous cover alone!

And then, of course, there is the hardcover version of the BRP Goldbook

Time to start saving my pennies!

3 comments:

  1. I saw that on Grognardia. Should be cool. I just picked up a used copy of Beyond the Mountains of Madness from Chaosium yesterday. I'm really looking forward to getting that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought a new edition of the core rules since 1995, but I may be tempted this time. I'll definitely be getting the new Gaslight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rome seems just right, and the cover drives that home.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Canadian political philosopher who lives primarily in Toronto but teaches in Milwaukee (sometimes in person, sometimes online).